These Air Fryer Crispy Cheese Bites will be your new favorite recipe for your air fryer! These are absolutely addicting and super easy to make!
We love our air fryers here at One Potato. It is our co-founder, Catherine’s, absolute favorite appliance in her kitchen (besides her blender for smoothies, of course). You can make anything from chicken to fish to veggies to dessert plus so much more in your air fryer! There are some days that we don’t even have to turn on our oven thanks to my air fryer.
Now, let’s get back to these Crispy Cheese Bites. These are our new favorite weekend snack to pop into our air fryer. They’re everything you could want and just what the name suggests! They’re crispy. They’re cheesy. And, possibly the best part, they’re bite-size! Think of them as a miniature version of a mozzarella stick, except not deep-fried so they’re slightly healthier.
When Catherine popped these in front of her kids fresh out of the air fryer, the plate was empty in less than a minute. These really are THAT good. We couldn’t stop popping these bite-size pieces of delicious into our mouths. Who can resist that melty cheese with crunchy outside? Dipped in some marinara? Out of this world!
This recipe is great for any get-together with friends whether it’s a birthday party, watching sports together, or just a snack for movie night! Air Fryer Crispy Cheese Bites are sure to be the star of the hang!
Air Fryer Crispy Cheese Bites
- 6 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil or favorite cooking spray
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, warmed for dipping
- Cut each cheese stick into 4 even pieces making 24 pieces.
- Place the flour in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and 2 teaspoons of water in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the breadcrumbs or panko, Italian herbs, and salt in a third bowl creating an assembly line.
- Dip cheese cube in flour and tap off to remove excess, then in the egg and finally into breadcrumb mixture throughly coating and place in air fryer basket. Repeat with remaining cheese cubes.
- Coat cheese cubes with cooking spray and cook the cheese cubes in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce.