American Flag Toast is incredibly easy and fun to make! It’s the perfect last-minute Fourth of July recipe since you probably have most of the ingredients on hand already.
The 4th of July is all about red, white, blue and the stars and stripes. This American flag toast for the 4th of July is super festive and will be perfect for your Independence Day celebration whether you’re having a big get-together or just hanging out with family at home. You could easily whip these up for lunch or a snack using ingredients you probably already have stocked!
Now the big question is to toast or not to toast the bread. And what about the crusts? We’ll leave it up to you to decide.
The Fourth of July is one of our favorite holidays. We make so many fun treats like Fourth of July Parfaits, Red, White & Blue Pops, and 4th of July Fruit Wands! We try to keep the recipes really simple so little ones can help out.
American Flag Toast
- 2 pieces sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tbsp strawberry or raspberry preserves
- 24 fresh blueberries
- 1 banana
- Toast bread if desired.
- Spread 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese on each slice of bread just to the border.
- Spread preserves on the toast, avoiding the upper left hand corner.
- Place 12 blueberries in the upper left hand corner, in three rows of four, to resemble the stars on the American flag.
- Cut banana in half and then into thin strips OR cut into circles and then half moons. Place the bananas stripes or half moons across the toast to resemble stripes.