Chicken nuggets are a staple of any childhood. We love chicken nuggets and don’t want to deprive our kids of the pleasure of them, but we wanted to make a healthier version that everyone in your family would love.
We had a ton of fun testing this to find the perfect easy Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe. We wanted them to have tons of flavor without being fried or packed with salt.
By buying organic, free-range chicken, you’re making a gourmet nugget for the family. One Potato’s co-founder, Catherine, says her husband is her most honest taste tester. He tried these baked chicken nuggets and scarfed them up, so Catherine smiled in delight that she created the perfect nostalgic recipe. Between him and Catherine’s kids, they disappeared immediately.
The best part of this recipe is that you can make them, freeze and pull out a few when you want to bake them. You’ll never have the need to go out for chicken nuggets ever again!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs, white or wheat
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Place the panko, garlic powder, herbs, and salt in a separate shallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip the chicken chunks in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Keep one hand clean for rolling in the breadcrumbs. Make sure the chicken chunks are completely covered.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spray each piece with oil.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.