When we want to offer a boost of protein to our kids, one of the first things we reach for is yogurt. With protein and calcium in every bite, yogurt is easy to digest which makes it a perfect food as a snack, breakfast, or even dessert.
The obvious choice is to eat yogurt on its own, but we love coming up with other fun ways to incorporate it into recipes or serve along with it.
My personal new favorite treat we’ve been making is Banana Yogurt Cake made with vanilla yogurt adding a rich vanilla flavor. It couldn’t be easier to make and is a great use for spotty bananas.
Banana Yogurt Cake
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda 1
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup vanilla whole fat yogurt
- 3 small very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mashed banana, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.