Every Sunday when we go to the farmers market I buy a HUGE fillet of salmon, from Marilyn, our beloved seafood purveyor. The second I get there I race to get in the long line of other farmers market goers who have been devouring her insanely good salmon for years. While I enjoy it as is with nothing more than a sprinkle of salt on it, this Summer Fruit Salad is a total game changer! It screams SUMMER from the very first bite.
The first time I made this Broiled Salmon with Summer Fruit Salad we had friends over and they were so excited to try it. After all, there’s nothing more beautiful than bringing out a huge platter with a gorgeous piece of fish on it, but when you see the bright colors of the composed salad it’s jaw droppingly gorgeous.
The best part comes when you take a bite, though. As much as I love eating a piece of salmon on its own, this summer fruit salad adds not only a ton of nutrition, but also a sweet, tangy and crunchy note to each and every bite.
If you’re looking for a total crowd-pleasing recipe this summer you must try Broiled Salmon with Summer Fruit Salad. It’s the easiest recipe to whip up and a total game-changer.
Broiled Salmon with Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 1/2 pound salmon filet
- kosher salt black pepper optional
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup strawberries halved
- 1 ear or corn cut off the cobb
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 peach diced
- 1 small lime juiced
- Preheat broiler. Place salmon on a foil lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper. Broil 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- In the meantime, place the remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl and toss to combine. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Place the salmon on a plate or platter and top with the summer fruit salad.