Is there anything more luscious and creamy on a hot spring day than a bowl full of Chilled Avocado Soup?
There are so many incredible varieties of avocados that are available at the farmers’ market like Hass, Fuerte, Bacon, and Zutano. It’s easy to get inspired to come home and prepare recipes like Avocado Toast, Avocado Shake, Kale and Avocado Salad, Avocado Honey Dip, and of course, Guacamol-Wee for new eaters!
We took a basketful of avocadoes home to create the creamy Chilled Avocado Soup. It’s really simple, just letting a few simple ingredients speak for themselves. We like to add greek yogurt for a bit of tang and protein and lemon juice to brighten the flavor and make sure the soup retains its’ green color.
Top each bowl (or shot glass to be served at a summertime party) with some diced bell peppers, a beautiful leaf of cilantro, crumbled bacon, or even a dollop of sour cream for a soup that will satisfy and please!
Chilled Avocado Soup
- 2 medium avocadoes, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Spoon the flesh of the avocados into a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer to the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve with desired accompaniments.
- Top with crumbled bacon, diced red onions, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese or diced tomato.