This Chocolate Banana Nice Cream is super healthy and ready in minutes! You’ll be hard-pressed to tell the difference between this and the real thing.
I consider myself pretty healthy, but my husband takes it to an even higher level. He’s more of an au natural guy where I’ve still got a healthy amount (pun intended) of “if it comes from a box or can it’s all right with me” in me. Yes, I’m all about making things homemade as often as possible, but with so much keeping me busy, it’s not always a realistic goal. For example, as much fun as it is to make homemade ice cream, more times than not I throw my arms up and grab the Stonyfield from the freezer for me and the kids.
I don’t know if there’s something in the water or if a witch cast a spell on him, but my hubby has been diving in the kitchen more and more lately, coming up with a list of recipes that are actually really yummy! He’s been making this version of homemade ice cream that tastes unbelievably delicious, even to someone like me who wants the real deal.
The kids certainly can’t tell the difference and hubby says if he didn’t know better, he wouldn’t be able to either — and this man knows his ice cream. But the best part is that instead of needing an ice cream maker or having to wait hours for the ice cream to freeze, his version is ready in less than a minute, is totally healthy and the kids love helping him make it!
Nice Cream is one of our favorite things to make in our house. When we’re craving something cold and creamy, especially when it gets warm outside, we switch off between this recipe and Rainbow Nice Cream, Green Nice Cream, and Coco-Blue Nice Cream! They’re all super easy to make and have ingredients that are actually good for you!
Chocolate Banana Nice Cream
- 6 frozen bananas chopped
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Puree on a medium setting for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper of your blender to push down or stopping to push down with a spatula. You can this to be a fast process so the ice cream doesn't melt.
- Scrape down the sides and puree again. Repeat the process until the mixture is smooth like frozen yogurt/ice cream.**
- Sprinkle with favorite toppings*** and serve.