Chocolate-Dipped Matzah with Sprinkles is a fun treat to make for Hanukkah. Beyond simple, these delicious crackers will come together in minutes and are sure to make anyone smile.
We’re always looking for new treats to make for our kids during the holidays. Hanukkah is one of our favorite times to take traditional goodies and add a little spin to them. When it comes to Hanukkah, it is so calming and grounding with the lighting of the menorah and reciting of the blessings.
Though matzah is traditionally a Passover dish, we like to include it in our Hanukkah celebrations as well. The history and symbolism these crispy crackers represent are so special to the Jewish faith that we’re always looking for ways to include it in different dishes throughout the holiday.
For this recipe, we melted baking chocolate and then dipped the matzah crackers in it. While the chocolate was still warm, we got out sprinkles and went to town. If you wait too long, the chocolate will harden and the sprinkles will have a hard time sticking, so it’s best to do it right away.
Chocolate Dipped Matzah with Sprinkles
- 4 large pieces matzo crackers, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips or coins
- 1/2 cup sprinkles of choice
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (preferably glass) and heat for 60 seconds, stopping to stir half way through the cooking time. Alternatively, you can place the bowl over a small pot filled 1 inch up with boiling water and stir until melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over half of the cracker and place on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the chocolate dipped pieces of matzo with sprinkles and allow the chocolate to cool, about 20 minutes