One of the greatest pleasures in our life is getting to cook with our kids. Having said that, there are certain recipes that are more appropriate for certain age groups to make than others. With young children, cooking activities that don’t require the stove are a huge bonus, especially when we’re trying to get more than one kid involved in the same task at the same time.
There was definitely a mess to clean up when we finished making these, but it was totally worth every minute. With one kiddo licking spoonfuls of peanut butter, the other was focused on rolling the peanut butter oatmeal mixture into balls.
Cooking with kids is always fun. No matter what you make, the experience is always delicious.
Coconut Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (you can also use almond, cashew, or sunflower butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweeteened coconut flakes
- Place the oats in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter and honey.
- Add the ground oats to the peanut butter mixture and continue to stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time (I like to use a mini ice cream scooper or a spoon), roll into balls or logs.
- Place the coconut in a separate bowl or plate and roll the balls in the coconut to completely cover.