What would the world be like without whipped cream? A sad and lonely place in our opinion. Most kids will eat almost anything if it contains whipped cream in or on it, so we keep a container in the fridge at all times.
Fresh whipped cream turns almost any recipe from good to spectacular with just a dollop. Sure, there’s Cool Whip and whipped creamed in the spray can, but there’s absolutely nothing like the flavor of fresh, homemade whipped cream.
If your family deals with food allergies and has to cut out dairy, Coconut Whipped Cream will fill the dairy void. Thick, creamy, coconut whipped cream has the most heavenly texture and is super easy to make.
The first few times we made it, we ate it right off a spoon and dipped whole strawberries into it one by one. You can also use it to make the filling for Strawberry Aliens or place a dollop on top of Coconut Chocolate Pancakes for a major vegetarian treat!
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp powered sugar
- Place the jar of coconut milk in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Being careful to not shake the can, open the coconut milk.
- Spoon out the thick coconut cream into a large bowl, which is about 2/3 of the can. Once you get to the liquid, stop and discard or save for smoothies.
- Beat the coconut cream with a handheld electric or stand mixer for 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 30 more seconds.