If you’re following our One Potato Instagram, you recently saw co-founder Catherine McCord answer customer-submitted questions about how to make easy, weeknight dinners!
Watch the video HERE, read a few of Catherine’s answers below, and keep swiping for an exclusive easy, weeknight dinner recipe, Crock Pot Spaghetti.
And if you make any of the recipes we mention, don’t forget to make sure to tag @onepotatobox on Instagram!
How do I cook easy meals for vegetarians and non-vegetarians?
Catherine has two vegetarians in her family and three carnivores. Her key to easy meals is to make one meal with lots of veggies and filling foods, like roasted vegetables, salads, grains, or pasta. Then, she always has grilled chicken or salmon ready to add to the plate for anyone who wants it.
DIY meals are your best friend – try a baked potato bar, pizza, tacos where your family can build their own meal.
Is there something that can stretch to two nights?
We love leftovers! On Sundays, Catherine typically roasts or air fries a whole chicken and then makes tons of roast vegetables. Those vegetables are easy to reuse for a few nights for dinner. We also always make a grain, like brown rice stir fry or rice cakes, which are easy to reheat and use again.
What are some easy air fryer ideas?
The best part about an air fryer is that you don’t have to preheat your oven! We love making whole chickens, chicken tenders, mushrooms, zucchini, salmon, quesadillas, pizza, and french fries. Catherine’s food blog, Weelicious, has tons of air fryer recipes that you can find HERE.
Crock Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 26-ounce-jars pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the oil, meat, onion, garlic powder and salt for about 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Drain excess fat.
- Pour one jar of pasta sauce and 1 cup of water in the slow cooker.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and place them on top of the sauce.
- Add the cooked meat the crock pot, sprinkle with the cheese, and cover with the second jar of pasta sauce.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 2- 2 1/2 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid, stir to combine and mix everything together.