Egg Salad Sandwiches are simple yet delicious. They’re so easy to make and are great for a quick lunch or snack on the go!
Egg salad sandwiches only take seconds to whip up and you can really have fun with your ingredients from dijon mustard to grated carrots to capers. People can get quite finicky about what goes in their egg salad, though, so know your audience.
In our co-founder Catherine’s house, pickles are a must. They have dill growing like weeds in their garden, so she adds some to this recipe and it took it from simple to spectacular. We truly consider this a gourmet egg salad, which even the tiniest little eater will love.
Egg Salad Sandwiches are great to put in a school lunch too to switch things up a bit. School lunch is where you can make food really fun for your kids. After these Egg Salad Sandwiches, you should make one of these Animal Face Toasts which are too cute for words, a Monogram Sandwich, or any of these Vegetarian Sandwich Ideas. Varying your school lunches helps kids learn to love food and be excited about eating things that are good for them!
Egg Salad Sandwich
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonaise or vegananise
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 celery stack, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 slices of sandwich bread
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Toast bread until golden if desired.
- Place filling on top of 2 pieces of bread and top with second pieces of bread to make sandwiches.