Making homemade pasta might be one of my favorite things to do. This Fresh Herb Pasta with Lemon Garlic Sauce is the perfect recipe for both carnivores and vegetarians alike so everyone wins.
Everyone needs a good go-to pasta dish that satisfies that savory itch. Sometimes the heavy sauces that come with a pasta can be too heavy and overwhelming to the noodle, it’s beautiful canvas. I love this recipe because the Lemon Garlic Sauce doesn’t call for any butter or heavy cream so it’s super light. The little tang from the lemon is to die for and the garlic, I mean, who doesn’t love garlic? I use three cloves in this recipe, but I won’t judge you if you use 5, 6, 7, or even the whole clove. My father-in-law who’s a total garlic lover will be your bestie forever.
This recipe is a great homemade pasta dish to get the kids involved with too. Making fresh pasta is so much fun, especially with my pasta maker. Years ago I might have been intimidated to make fresh pasta, but now our family wants it every night. Gemma has a blast watching the dough get turned into fresh, delicious strands of pasta and, honestly, I have almost just as much fun as she does! I made fettuccine noodles for this dish. The best part? Fresh Pasta with Lemon Garlic Sauce is great for my family since we have a mix of vegetarians and meat-eaters. Everyone loves it!
Fresh Herb Pasta with Garlic Lemon Sauce
- For Pasta:1 plus water to make 95 grams large egg, whisked
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 250 grams)
- 1 large egg whisked
- plus water to make 95 grams
Garlic Lemon Sauce
- 3 tbsp mixed herbs (mix of fresh basil, fresh parsley, fresh chyives, fresh thyme) finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, zest if desired, salt, and fresh herbs. Stir to combine.
- Set the sauce aside and boil the pasta for 2-3 minutes or until noodles and cooked through.
- Add noodles to the sauce over medium heat for 1 minute and serve.