If the theory that everything tastes better on a stick is true, then this recipe solidifies the fact! Pizza Lollipops are super easy to make with basic pizza ingredients, a popsicle stick, and maybe a pepperoni on top. And if Friday night in your house means pizza night, this recipe is for you.
After a long week of getting up early for school, racing around to after school activities, homework, and hectic schedules, it’s nice to pick out a movie together, spread out a picnic blanket on the living room floor, grab some cut up veggies and make your family’s favorite pizza recipe using pre-made dough. Sometimes that means Quilt pizza, Pizza Balls or Green Machine Pizza, or even these Pizza Lollipops.
Our One Potato co-founder, Catherine, had a lot of wooden popsicle sticks and realized it would be fun to use them with pizza dough. You can have your kids help make ropes out of it, wind one around a wooden stick, flatten it on a parchment lined baking sheet and then top with tons of cheese.
You can top them with any type of good melting cheese or even a combination you enjoy like mozzarella, cheddar, gouda, or fontina. They’re not only cute to eat, but since you get to dip them in tomato sauce it’s a ton of fun too.
If you make too many, pop them in the freezer to take out a few as a snack when the kids get home from school. And voila, the perfect afternoon snack!
Don’t feel intimidated to make these. They’re absolutely worth it especially when you see the big smiles on your family’s face after eating them! Whip a batch of these Pizza Lollipops up for your next Friday Night Pizza Night to create your own fun!
Pizza Party Lollipops
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1/2 lb fontina cheese, grated
- 16 wooden popsicle sticks
- 16 pepperoni slices, or other desired toppings
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Divide the pizza dough into 16 pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Insert a wooden popsicle stick into the center of each pizza dough ball, flatten into a disk, and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grated cheese onto each pizza lollipop, top with a pepperoni slice or other desired toppings, and extra cheese.
- Place the pizza lollipops in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pizza dough is golden brown.