If you have a vegetarian in the house and are hoping for burgers, try Garbanzo burgers! Garbanzo beans provide tons of fiber and are a great source of protein, which is really important when eating a vegetarian diet. Garbanzo Burgers are low in fat and high in dietary fiber, so they’re a great addition to anyone’s diet – vegetarian or not!
Even better, these burgers cost very little to make (especially when compared to buying meat or remade veggie burgers), freeze beautifully (so you can make them and keep them on hand for whenever your crew feels like burgers), and make everyone smile when they take a bite!
It’s also fun to let your crew choose their favorite toppings for their burgers. What toppings will you add to your garbanzo burgers? We love to add avocado, tomato, and sumac yogurt sauce.
- 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Place garbanzo bean mixture in a bowl and combine with the bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Place 1/4 cup of mixture in your hands and form into patties*
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Cook the patties for 5 minutes.
- Turn the patties, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.