Don’t you just love starting your day with a warm drink?! We’ve been trying to switch things up recently by adding a Golden Milk Latte to our rotation. If you haven’t tried these yet, you need to jump on the bandwagon. They are totally addictive!
Fresh turmeric turns this warm and comforting drink a light golden color, and also helps to fight inflammation in your body. A crack of black pepper and fat like coconut oil help activate the turmeric so it can work its magic. Ginger and cinnamon are the perfect warming spices to accompany the turmeric.
- 2 cups almond, coconut, or rice milk
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 inch fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1 pinch freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup, or stevia
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.*
- Pour into a medium pot and simmer until warmed through, about 5 minutes.