While sweet treats are synonymous with Valentine’s Day, that doesn’t mean that something savory can’t be on the menu too. These Heart Pizzettes are super cute and will help add some extra sustenance to your kids’ V-Day menu!
Every year our co-founder Catherine McCord throws her family a big Valentine’s Day dinner and these Heart Pizzettes are always on the menu. They’re easy to make and 100% kid approved. Feel free of course to add any your family’s favorite toppings to show how much you love them!
Not only are these absolutely adorable, but if you buy pre-made dough from your local pizzeria or the grocery, they take absolutely no time to prepare. So if you’re looking for something special to make for the ones you love this Valentine’s Day, these Heart Pizettes are something savory that will make everyone say “sweet!”
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- toppings of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface and use a rolling pin to roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a 4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the dough and place onto baking tray.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce onto dough leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edge. Sprinkle with cheese and place any additional toppings on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.