To so many people, making a Pineapple Brown Sugar Glazed Ham can feel like a daunting task. But that is really not the case! As you’ll see in the recipe, there really are very few steps and the payoff is huge!
Start by placing the pineapple, mustard and brown sugar into a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir to combine and cook until the pineapple begins to soften and the brown sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Place the ham in a pan and coat with the pineapple sauce. Roast the ham, basting with the pineapple sauce every 30 minutes, until warmed through, about one and a half to two hours. Serve the hame topped with sauce from the roasting pan and you will have some very happy eaters!
We love the simplicity of this dish, it is super easy to throw together quickly, but the best part is the flavor. The ham gets layers and layers of flavor from the zippy mustard, tangy pineapple, and especially the maple syrup and brown sugar that take this ham to the next level.
Pineapple Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple (or 16-ounce can of crushed pineapple, drained)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 lb fully cooked, bone-in ham
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees.
- Place the pineapple, mustard, and brown sugar in a saucepan, stir to combine, and cook over medium-low heat until the pineapple begins to soften and the brown sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Place the ham in a 13×9 inch pan and coat with the pineapple sauce.
- Roast the ham, basting with the pineapple sauce every 30 minutes, until warmed through, about 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Slice the ham and serve topped with sauce from the roasting pan.