Protein Cereal Bars are not only a great option for breakfast, but are also a perfect midday snack to keep you full and going all day long!
We love nothing more than a good snack. When the kids are starting to get hangry, we love having something simple, delicious, and healthy to reach for to get us back on track for the day. These Protein Cereal Bars are the perfect on-the-go snack to keep us off the hangry train.
Protein Cereal Bars are jam-packed with high-protein foods like peanut butter, hemp seeds, and chia seeds that will help keep you full. You can’t have Cereal Bars without your favorite brand of o’s cereal, of course, and adding just a touch of honey for sweetness is the perfect combo.
This recipe is a great activity to do with your kids when you’re looking for something easy and fun to do with them in the kitchen. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting to let the Cereal Bars cool before you can gobble them up! I had to swat a couple of hands away while we were waiting!
These Protein Cereal Bars are “no-bake”, which if you know me, you know that no-bake recipes are one of my favorite kinds. It’s SO easy.
Make a double batch of Protein Cereal Bars and snack on them throughout the week for breakfast or just a mid-day boost. They stay fresh covered on the counter for 3-4 days or put them in a container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!
Protein Cereal Bars
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups O's cereal
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Place peanut butter and honey in a saucepan over low heat and stir for one minute or until melted and combined.
- Place cereal, hemp, and chia seeds in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal and stir to throughly coat the cereal evenly.
- Pour mixture into a greased and parchment lined 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Using a spatula press the mixture into the pan until top is smooth, flat and even.
- Allow bars to thoroughly cool, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars.