There’s nothing like a huge dollop of cool, creamy, fluffy whipped cream on top of a fresh pie or fall dessert. Nothing out of a tub, can, or jar, mind you. We need the real stuff. As soon as our co-founder, Catherine, was able to hold a hand mixer, she would be right next to her mother learning how to make the perfect batch. Real organic whipped cream is always worth the extra few minutes it takes to prepare it. You can see here just how simple and totally worth it is!
These adorable Pumpkin Pie Parfaits are like a pumpkin cheesecake made with layers of cream cheese, crushed graham crackers, and of course, heavenly whipped cream. In minutes, you’ll have the easiest fall dessert ever — and maybe the most scrumptious with these Pumpkin Pie Parfaits!
There are three major reasons why we love this dessert:
1. Kids 4 and up can do almost every step of this recipe on their own.
2. It can be prepared 24 hours in advance, so all you need to do after dinner is pull the jars out of the fridge and serve.
3. It’s a ton of fun plunging your spoon into the jar and cutting through the luscious layers of this incredible treat!
When we think of fall and the holidays, pumpkin and pumpkin spice is my first thought. We’re always making some sort of pumpkin something this time of year like Pumpkin Waffles, Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes, or even a traditional Maple Pumpkin Pie. The possibilities are endless!
If you want a special fall or Thanksgiving dessert that will put a smile on everyone’s face, this is almost certainly the one.
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese, or non-whipped at room temperature
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 10 8 oz. mason jars
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Layer the parfait ingredients into mason jars in this order: graham crackers, pumpkin cream cheese mixture, whipped cream. Continue to layer to fill the jar, at least 2 layers of each ingredient.
- Serve chilled.