Quick Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls live up to their name. They’re super easy, quick, and scream fall with a swirl of cinnamon cream cheese in a pumpkin dough.
Some things never change. Every fall, we buy more cans of pumpkin puree than we knew what to do with. It’s hard to resist organic pumpkin puree when it’s available in the supermarket.
Homemade pumpkin puree is always great, but there’s just something about the ease and creamy texture of canned pumpkin that we can’t resist. It say “holidays” more than almost any food. So do cinnamon rolls. Mmmm. There’s not much we wouldn’t do for a freshly baked homemade cinnamon roll right about now. However, there’s the ease issue again. We don’t normally have time to make yeast dough, so we don’t make them that much.
At least that was the case until we started making these super quick Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, simultaneously fulfilling our craving for two of our favorite things by featuring a yeast-free recipe and utilizing all that surplus pumpkin puree. Creamy swirls of cinnamon cream cheese wrapped up in a tender sweet pumpkin dough make these rolls an undeniably special fall delight.
Quick Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, then mix in pumpkin puree. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
- On a well floured surface, roll the dough to a 1/4 inch thick rectangle about 16 x 12 inches. Spread the cream cheese on top of the dough, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Carefully roll up the dough, starting with the long side and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the rolls in greased muffin cups* and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown.