Refrigerator Oatmeal is a simple breakfast and snack recipe that’s filling and a great way to start your day. For a cool, fun spin on oatmeal, it’s easy to pre-make mason jars of oatmeal on Sundays to eat for breakfast over the next few days. And we must say, they’re pretty darn addictive.
We let each family member personalize their own jar — using nuts, berries, seeds, and more to make their own edible work of art. Some yummy combos are almond butter and banana, frozen berries with honey, or chopped nuts and maple syrup.
Once you’ve prepped them, you just put them right in the fridge. No cooking necessary! Overnight the cool milk and tangy yogurt soften the oats and meld together into this scrumptious creamy breakfast. The best part is that you don’t have to do a thing in the morning except pull the jars out of the fridge and enjoy. And trust us, you will!
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole milk, rice, soy, or almond milk
- 1 cup plain greek yogut
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 banana, mashed or sliced
- Mashed or chopped berries (this works great with frozen berries too)
- Flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tsp peanut or almond butter
- Dried fruits, chopped
- Almonds, walnut, cashews
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- In a bowl, stir together the oats, milk, yogurt, and honey.
- Pour into small mason jars and stir in desired accompaniments.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Serve chilled.