Roast Vegetable Soup is filled with all your favorite vegetables and is so easy to make. The roasted vegetables give it a warm caramelized flavor to keep your family toasty all winter long!
This veggie-packed soup is so hearty and delicious it’ll keep your whole family satisfied. My kids love it when I make this soup because they get to help me chop up all the vegetables (and sneak a few off the pan while I’m not looking!). And I don’t mind one bit, as long as they’re eating their veggies! Gemma loves pressing the buttons on the Philips Soup Maker too. Getting kids involved in the cooking process helps so much with getting good food in their bodies. It’s a win-win!
This Roast Vegetable Soup recipe is so great because you really can customize it any way you want. In this recipe I use butternut squash, carrots and cauliflower, but you could add any of your favorite, in season vegetables and get an equally as delicious, hearty soup!
Butternut squash has lots of antioxidants, including vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. Carrots have fiber and potassium and are a weight loss friendly vegetable if you’re looking for that. Carrots have also been linked to lowering cholesterol and improved eye health. Lastly, cauliflower! If you follow me you know how much I love cauliflower. I put it in my smoothie almost every day! It’s super nutrient-dense and so good for you.
Roasting the vegetables in this recipe really gives it a bold flavor too! While I love a classic vegetable soup, Roast Vegetable Soup is slowly becoming my favorite! The caramelized, toasted vegetables changes the flavor profile completely and really opens it up. Not to mention it’s healthy, delicious and filling too!
I love this recipe too because it’s very easy to make it vegetarian. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and there you go! If you love this recipe I know you’ll love some of my other favorite soups like Asian Chicken Soup, Celery Root Soup, Butternut Squash and Apple Soup or Carrot Ginger Soup.
Roast Vegetable Soup
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 32 oz chicken or vegetable stock
- cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place first 5 ingredients on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Roast vegetables for 30-35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Place roast vegetables, cumin and broth in Philips Soup maker, cook for 15 minutes and puree.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle with olive oil if desired.