Another day, another sandwich. You look in the fridge and decide what to slap together. Bread, spread, fillings. Lunch by rote. But have you ever tried putting a sandwich on a stick?
For starters, all of the ingredients stay much fresher that way because they’re not sitting right on the sandwich spread and, come on, isn’t everything just better when it comes on a stick?
Your kids will definitely think so when they see you packing these unique kabobs in their lunch boxes. While it may sound a little silly to put a sandwich-on-a-stick in their lunch box at first, as soon as they start munching and sliding off the ingredients one after the other, they will totally got in on the fun.
- 2 cups bread, cubed (ciabatta, french, or other hearty bread works)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed mozzerella and cheddar cheese
- 1 slice thick-cut deli ham, cut into strips or cubes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 skewers
Other foods that work great on a stick
- Sliced or cubed turkey, roast beef, cucumbers, swiss cheese
- Skewer: 1 cube of bread, 1 cube of cheddar cheese, 1 piece of ham, 1 cherry tomato, another piece of ham, 1 cube of mozzarella cheese, and 1 cube of bread.
- Repeat with remaining skewers and ingredients.
- Serve with mustard or other accompaniments for dipping.