Smoked salmon is a favorite in our families. When we buy it at the farmer’s market, it will likely end up as a Simple Breakfast Flatbread, Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bites, or this Smoked Salmon Scramble made with chives and eggsfrom the garden. Salmon is packed with omega 3 fatty acids so it is an excellent, healthy choice for your family.
This recipe comes together quickly so it makes a great protein-rich breakfast on busy school mornings. Or serve it with orange juice, bagels, and fresh fruit for a leisurely weekend brunch the whole family will enjoy.
Smoked Salmon Scramble
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or butter
- 8 large eggs
- 4 chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp canola oil or butter
- 4 pieces sliced thin smoked salmon, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, chives, and salt.
- Heat the oil or butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally until almost set, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the salmon and continue to cook for 1 minute longer.