This Spiced Carrot Cauliflower Soup is so good, your autumn evenings will never be the same! When it’s a cold night and you’re hungry, it will be hard to resist seconds. There is something about the flavors of this vegetarian soup that made it irresistible and equally unforgettable.
This Carrot Cauliflower Soup is hard to mess recipe up. The best part? It’s super-duper nutritious without tasting like something that you’d find yourself eating on a diet.
The flavorful spice combination of curry, cinnamon, and garam marsala partnered with the sweet taste of the carrots and creamy texture of the cooked cauliflower makes for one of the most flavorful soups you could imagine. While you’re making it, let your kids smell and taste the spices. You can also let them shake them into the pot and even use a hand blender (pretty kid-safe with adult supervision) to puree everything together. They will really feel a part of the fun and it’s a great way to introduce kids to the incredible world of spices.
Eating healthy food rarely tastes this heart-warming. This soup is just plain ol’ good.
Spiced Carrot Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped (about 8 medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Sour cream
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook the onions for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Dissolve the vegetable bouillon in the water and add to the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Using an immersion blender or standing blender, puree all of the ingredients until smooth.