There’s just something about a nice big salad. Rummage through your fridge and throw all kinds of seasonal fruits and veggies on top of salad greens to make a hearty, healthy, and tasty meal for your family.
Summer produce has all the perfect flavors to add to this gorgeous Summer Garden Salad. Fresh corn, radishes, and cucumbers give that refreshing crunch. While roasted beets are soft and earthy, and the sun-dried tomatoes add a nice tangy sweetness to round it all out.
Look for edible flowers at your local farmer’s market to turn this salad into something really special. They’re just so pretty, aren’t they?! We like to top it all off with a homemade zippy Italian dressing.
Summer Garden Salad
- 6 cups spring greens salad mix
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 beet, roasted
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 watermelon or breakfast radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 hearts of palm, cut into think circles
- Edible flowers, optional
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard, mild
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the Salad
- In a large bowl, mix together the salad greens and vegetables. Toss with the dressing to combine well. Garnish with edible flowers, if desired.
For the Dressing
- Place all of the ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously (this is a fun job for kids) or whisk in a bowl.
- Dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 9 days.