Yesterday, One Potato’s co-founder, Catherine McCord, went live on the One Potato Instagram to answer all our burning questions about grilling and BBQ, just in time for summer! Watch the video HERE, read a few of Catherine’s answers below, and keep swiping for an easy grilled recipe, Chicken, Peach & Bell Pepper Skewers.
And if you make any of the recipes we mention, don’t forget to make sure to tag @onepotatobox on Instagram!
What’s the best way to cook skirt steak?
It’s important to marinade it which moisturizes it. It’s very meaty with little fat, so it’s easy to overcook!
Cook your skirt steak on a really hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Make sure you let it sit for 5-10! It’s important to rest your meat because if you cut into it too quickly, the juices haven’t settled yet and it will be dry. When you cut it, cut it on the bias, too!
I’m vegan. What are your favorite vegan grilled recipes?
The most basic, but yummy, is grilled veggies. Try onion, bell pepper, zucchini, squash and portobellos. Put them on skewers and marinate with olive oil, lemon, and dried or fresh herbs.
We love to grill avocados! Take an avocado, cut in half, remove the pit, and rub a little olive oil. Grill it side down for 2-3 minutes.
Any ideas for dessert on the grill?
Two words: grilled peaches! Cut in half, and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. Grill bottom side down so the bubble peach juices gather where the pit was.
Top with greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream, chopped pistachios, and a drizzle of honey. It’s a summer time staple at Catherine’s house!
Read on for an easy grilled recipe!
Chicken, Peach & Bell Pepper Skewers
- 2 Peaches (firm, but ripe), cut into 1 inch pieces1 Bell Peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp oliive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 peaches (firm but ripe), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into to 1 inch pieces
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Preheat oven broiler or grill to high heat.
- Add the chicken, peaches and bell pepper pieces to the marinade and toss to coat.
- Marinate covered in the refrigerator up to 2 hours.
- Cook skewers under the broiler or on the grill for 6 minutes, turning halfway through.