Homemade Sweet Potato Fries have a crispy texture, sweet and salty flavor, and are a family favorite for all.
How many foods do you rely on and if you didn’t have them on hand, you would be in a bind? For us, that food would be sweet potatoes! Just this weekend, our co-founder bought eight of them to bake – four to munch throughout the week and the rest to turn into Potacos and Sweet Potato Fries.
They’re so darn good, easy to make (you only need a sharp knife and a little bit of oil) and we’ve never met someone who didn’t want to grab a handful right off the cookie sheet out of the oven. You can jazz them up by making Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries.
Don’t take my word for it, though, make a batch and try them out on your family to watch the results disappear!
They’re simple. Wash the sweet potatoes, turn on the oven, cut them up to make fries, and put them in the oven. In less than an hour, you’ll have fries. Really, it’s that simple. And when it comes down to it, who doesn’t love French fries? Yes, they’re delicious when they’re fried up in oil, but not exactly healthy. When baked, they’re soft and perfect for babies with a few teeth (or even a bunch of teeth) to snack on.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut sweet potato into 2-Inch batons which resemble french fries. You canalso cut them in long wedges so they resemble steak fries.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss untilthe sweet potatoes are coated with oil.
- Place cookie sheet in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 minutes (Keep an eye on these little suckers. They go from golden to burnt quick!).
- With a spatula, flip the potatoes, and continue to bake another 15 minutes or until they have a golden color.
- Cool and serve.