Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic! There’s nothing better than perfecting a chocolate chip cookie recipe and this one is the best! There are several ways to make a true chocolate chip cookie, but at the end of the day, you can only make small changes for it to still be a true classic.
Since you probably don’t need the 5 dozen cookies this recipe produces (unless you’re feeding a small army), place a few dozen on a separate baking sheet and freeze them for later. When the cookie craving strikes, all you have to do is pop a few of these little gems in the oven and you’re set!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a standing mixer (or in a bowl using a hand mixer) for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract and mix for 1 minute.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and slowly incorporate into the butter and egg mixture.
- Mix until combined then fold in the chocolate chunks and stir.*
- Using a 2 tbsp ice cream scooper or 2 tbsp measure, scoop dough onto a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.**
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- When cookies come out of the oven give them a big slap on your counter to remove any air bubbles if you prefer a flatter, crispier cookie. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes then remove and place on a cooling rack.